General controller issues
- The controller is not visible during the POST process.
- The controller shows errors during the POST process.
- The hardware is physically damaged.
- The controller is not supported on the server.
- The controller is not seated properly.
- The controller is faulty.
- The firmware is outdated.
- Verify that the controller is supported for the server.
- Verify that the controller is not physically damaged.
- If the controller is recognized by the system BIOS, then reseat the controller.
- Run controller diagnostics and follow the steps displayed.
- Update the firmware.
- Download the Active Health System log. For more information, see the "Active Health System Log overview."
- Contact Hewlett Packard Enterprise technical support. For more information, see "Accessing Hewlett Packard Enterprise Support."
- Replace the controller. For more information, see the server maintenance and service guide.