Create a Flow for a OT Link Platform Device
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Test your OT Link Platform configurations by creating a flow in OT Link Platform Flows. In the steps listed here, you can connect to a local device at the edge. In this example, a DataHub node subscribes to the local message broker with a topic for a local Modbus device configured in DeviceHub.
- Create a device in DeviceHub and add a device tag so that you can generate a topic. See DeviceHub Add, Monitor, or Delete Device and DeviceHub Add a Tag.
- Check DeviceHub to verify that the device is connected.
Create the Flow
To create a flow to test your DeviceHub configuration:
- Go to Flows, as described in Navigate Flows.
Search or scroll through the palette of nodes to locate the HPE DataHub Subscribe and DataHub Publish nodes.
Hover your mouse over the DataHub nodes to identify the Subscribe node.
- Drag the DataHub Subscribe node onto the canvas.
- Scroll up through the palette to the output nodes and drag the Debug node onto the canvas.
- Connect the two nodes by drawing a line between them.
Configure the Flow
To configure the flow’s subscribe node:
Double-click the DataHub Subscribe node to view the parameters.
While in edit mode, click to view the connection parameters. Click Update.
This action is only required the first time you are using a DataHub node.
The IP address and port fields are populated automatically. Do not modify these default values. Simply click Update.
- Go to DeviceHub > Tags tab and click the right-most icon for the tag to copy the Raw Topic from the device tag.
Once copied, you can paste the Raw Topic into the Topic field of the DataHub Subscribe node.
- Enter a Name for the DeviceHub Subscribe node.
- Click Done.
This last Save step can be easily overlooked, but it is essential to successfully connect to the device and to obtain data from the device.
- At the bottom of the Flow canvas, click the Debug tab to view the messages received from the DeviceHub device.