OT Link Platform Deployment
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
The OT Link Platform edge-level operating system seamlessly collects data from industrial devices (such as sensors and PLCs) and integrates the data into the cloud or into on-premise enterprise systems, enabling data processing at the edge.
- OT Link Platform is an operating system that can run EL300, EL1000, EL4000 and more.
- The OT Link Platform operating system installed on the device enables users to create custom flows of data from industrial devices connected to custom applications.
Data processing applications are either developed by customers or can be downloaded from the marketplace.
- The device on which OT Link Platform is installed often may be referred to as the OT Link Platform Converged edge system.
- To avoid confusion in this documentation, the term Converged edge system is used to refer to the network Converged edge system and the terms Industrial PC _ and _OT Link Platform device are used interchangeably to refer to the device on which OT Link Platform is installed.
Deployment details include:
Device Acquisition and Deployment
HPE offers several OT Link Platform deployment options:
- Pre-Installed on a device - An end user purchases a device directly from HPE or via one of its distribution partners. OT Link Platform software is pre-installed on the device. See Log in to OT Link Platform.
- USB flash drive or ISO image installation - See Install OT Link Platform from a USB Drive.
This network diagram illustrates where the OT Link Platform device and software can be deployed. Once deployed, users can access the OT Link Platform interface via a browser on the same network as OT Link Platform. See OT Link Platform Device Access.
- The eth0 Ethernet interface is required for first-time bootup for DNS resolution.
OT Link Platform Device Access
- Log in to the the OT Link Platform device via a browser on the same network as the OT Link Platform device using the steps listed in Log in to OT Link Platform.
- Explore some of the OT Link Platform features:
- OT Link Platform Getting Started Guide
- Configure OT Link Platform DeviceHub
- Configure Workload Orchestrator Connectivity
OT Link Platform Firmware Upgrades
To upgrade the OT Link Platform firmware, see the instructions on the Device Reboot & Upgrade page.