Why OT Link Platform is a Whole OS
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
OT Link Platform, when deployed on a Converged edge system device, provides a complete operating system. This approach offers the following advantages:
A purpose-built operating system does not depend on a general-purpose operating system for its processes. This pre-configured, leaner OS offers the following advantages:
- Designed specifically for edge-processing requirements
- Leverages industry expertise, incorporating only the logic required to achieve results
- Efficient use of resources
- Ease of deployment
- Built-in integration with 3rd-party applications
- Tested for both interoperability and performance.
- Scales as versions incorporate additional functionality.
Deployment at the edge offers the following protection:
- Access is only via the terminal user interface (TUI) and Web UI
- Ground-up built for IoT native security requirements
Black Box Testing
Quality assurance tests follow black box methodologies. This approach ensures an external perspective, without regard to the internal structure.
- Software tests are conducted from a user’s point of view, based on specifications.
- Testers do not need intimate knowledge of the software internal details or the development process.
- Boundary value analysis tests try values that are outside the expected range.
- QA testers apply knowledge gained from a variety of customer use cases to exercise features against requirements.
- Behavior and performance issues can be efficiently identified in a controlled environment.
Result: Efficient resolution of issues with a customer-centric focus.
From small to large enterprise environments, OT Link Platform stress tests ensure that the operating system can handle the load associated with IoT growth.
- Incremental tests verify that the operating system functions optimally at each load level.
- Tests keep pace with evolving software, hardware, and driver technology.
Optimal OTA Mechanism
This hardware-agnostic industry standard uses best practices to ensure stable and secure over-the-air updates.
See Over-the-Air Updates.