Click to view the SPP Support Statement
Gen10/Gen10 Plus Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) is a comprehensive systems software and firmware update solution, which is delivered as a single ISO image. This solution uses Smart Update Manager (SUM) as the deployment tool and is tested on all HPE ProLiant Gen10/Gen10 Plus servers as defined in the Service Pack for ProLiant Server Support Guide found at www.hpe.com/servers/spp/documentation.
Gen10/Gen10 Plus 2022.03.0 SPP release includes support for the following:
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 8.5
Starting from SPP 2021.10.0 release, HPE will release separate generation-specific SPPs rather than a combined SPP that encompasses all server generations in production.
HPE StoreOnce Customers – Installation of the SPP can cause problems on StoreOnce systems. Please go to the HPE Support Center at https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/result?qt=storeonce to find the appropriate StoreOnce update.
Components for the G7 and Gen8 server platforms are available in the Post-Production SPPs and can be downloaded from www.hpe.com/servers/SPP/download. For additional information, please refer to Reducing Server Updates.
Note: Products sold prior to the separation of Hewlett-Packard Company into Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company and HP Inc. on November 1, 2015 may have a product name and model number that differ from current models.
This SPP includes updates since Gen10/Gen10 Plus 2021.10.0 release.
Support for Redhat Enterprise Linux 8.5.
By downloading these products, you agree to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement(s) listed below. Refer to the documentation regarding using the image once downloaded to your environment.
NOTICE: Login with your HPE Passport account to access the SPP via the HPE Support Center. An active warranty or HPE support agreement is no longer required to download the Gen10/Gen10 Plus SPP. Additionally, you must have an active warranty or support agreement linked to your HPE Passport account to access previous SPP releases. For more information, please view the SPP Warranty/Support Agreement Validation document.
Create an SPP Custom Download
Filter the SPP to create a customized download. Add SPP Supplements or reduce the download size by selecting pre-defined filter sets or choosing individual filter options.
HPE Software License Agreement v1
gSOAP Software End User License Agreement
Libcurl End User License Agreement
The MIT License Agreement
OpenSSL License Agreement
zlib End User License Agreement
Hewlett-Packard End User License Agreement
OpenSSL License Agreement, Version 0.9.8
PNG Graphics File Format Software End User License Agreement
UEFI EDK2 License
BladeSystem Onboard Administrator Software End User License Agreement
Apache License Version 2.0, January 2004
GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2.1, February 1999
Boost-MIT Combined License
BSD 4 Clause License
BSD 2 Clause License
The “New” BSD License
Distributable Code for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 SDK
GNU General Public License, Version 3.0
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991
Microsoft Software License Terms Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 And Trial Edition
MOZILLA PUBLIC LICENSE Version 1.1
OpenLDAP Software End User License Agreement
PHP License, Version 3.01
Sun Microsystems Inc. Swing Graphical End User License Agreement
This tab includes only significant Customer Advisories (CAs) that are known to exist within or be corrected by this release.
- What is a Post-Production SPP and why is HPE separating the SPP into a production and generation specific Post-Production SPPs?
- Which SPP should I use?
Server Generation Classification SPP to Use Gen10 and Gen9 Production Latest Version Gen8 Post-Production Gen8 Post-Production G7 Post-Production G7 Post-Production G6 and Older Post-Production Use the last SPP that contained the drivers and firmware for your server model(s).
- What is the support life for the Gen8 and G7 Post-Production SPP?
Post-Production SPP Support Life Gen8 Ends when HPE no longer supports the Gen8 server models G7 End when HPE no longer supports the G7 server models
- Will HPE release any future component updates for the Gen8 and G7 servers?
Yes, Gen8 and G7 component updates will be released as “Hot Fixes” (against the Gen8 and G7 Post-Production SPPs) to address security vulnerabilities and fix issues (on an as needed basis).
- How will I know if a “Hot Fix” has been released against the Gen8 or G7 Post-Production SPP?
Post-Production SPP Where will future Hot Fixes be listed? Gen8 Gen8 page - "Hot Fixes & Advisories" tab G7 G7 page - "Hot Fixes & Advisories" tab
- Can I download the Gen8 or G7 Post-Production SPPs with all of the “Hot Fixes” already included?
Yes, by downloading the “Full SPP” from the SPP Custom Download.
- How do I download the Gen8 and G7 Post-Production SPPs?
The preferred mechanism for downloading production and Post-Production SPPs is the SPP Custom Download. The Post-Production SPPs are also available for download from the SPP Download Page and HPE Support Center.
SPP Custom Download
- What do I need to know about creating a bootable ISO for offline use?
When booting the SPP for offline installs, only Linux firmware will be installed. The recommended filter settings for creating a bootable ISO for offline use are
- Component Types - Firmware
- Operating Systems - All versions of RHEL and SLES
- Does the Custom Download check for component installation dependencies?
No. Prior to using SPP Custom Download, please check component information to ensure dependencies are met BEFORE customizing the download. Please note, SUM does dependency checking during the installation phase. If dependencies are not met, SUM will notify that there are missing dependencies at installation time.
- How do I download from the SPP Custom Download page?
- Click on SPP Custom Download link
- Select the appropriate SPP
- Hover over the pre-built or Base SPP tile
- Click on the Download icon at the bottom right to start download
- If the browsers offers to save or open, select save
- How do I create my own download?
- Click on SPP Custom Download link
- Select the appropriate SPP
- Click on the "Create a new bundle" tile (plus sign tile)
- Complete the "Configure Your Bundle" step with the applicable information of your choice and press "Next: Select Filters" button
- Select filters as needed (no selection in any given category means everything in that category will be included)
- Click the "Build" button
- Preview selected components and click "Submit Build" button
- Upon submission the build request is queued and will be processed as soon as possible
- Build completion is indicated on the new tile or through email notification, if selected
- How does a filter work?
SPP Custom Download presents a list of the most common keywords listed by the components in the system.
- Choosing not to filter the results based on a category means that no restrictions are made for that category (e.g. no choices in the “Operating Systems” category means that all OSes will be included
- In some cases, components fail to specify keywords in a section and then only match if the section is unfiltered.
- In a section “no selection” MEANS “no filter”
- Can I do offline installs with my customized download?
Yes. For best offline results, select all Linux operating systems.
- My offline install shows no applicable components. What happened?
Linux was not included in the created download. The offline environment is Linux based and therefore requires Linux components.
- How do I get SPP Custom Download?
There is nothing to download. SPP Custom Download is an online service for filtering and downloading the SPP.
- What output formats are available?
SPP Custom Download can produce .zip and .iso formatted files.
- Are the .iso files bootable?
SPP Custom Download offers the option to include a boot environment or to make a smaller package by excluding the boot environment.
- Are SPP Custom Download generated payloads compatible with SUM?
Yes. SPP Custom Download generated deliverables are generated with the SUM custom baseline engine.
- Does SPP Custom Download replace SUM Custom Baseline?
No. SPP Custom Download offers a way for the user to filter the SPP before downloading. SPP Custom Download also is restricted to only offer combinations based on a single SPP and its supplements in order to retain the "tested together" results.
- Why are filter choices available that don't belong to the SPP that I selected?
Filter options shows the combination of filters appropriate for the set of SPPs currently carried on the SPP Custom Download service. Doing this allows a customer to create a set of filters that they can save and later re-use on several different SPP versions.
- How do I find the latest SPP for an old OS/hypervisor version (e.g. Windows 2008) whose components are no longer on the SPP?
Use the new SPP OS Guide
- What is the difference between SPP Online and SPP Offline Mode?
- Online mode - Runs on a Windows® or Linux hosted operating system
- Offline mode - Server boots to the SPP ISO (Bootable ISO only)
Offline Automatic mode - Firmware components update without interaction
Offline Interactive mode - Onscreen instructions guide the user to update firmware components
- How does SPP relate to Smart Update?
Smart Update, https://www.hpe.com/info/smartupdate, is the umbrella technology that encompasses several products, including both SUM and the SPP. The Smart Update website serves as a “one-stop shop” portal for SUM and the SPP, as well as other products.
- What is the difference between SPP and SUM?
The SPP is a delivery mechanism for the firmware and software components for ProLiant servers, options, and the HPE BladeSystem infrastructure, including enclosure components. SUM is the deployment tool used to plan, schedule, and deploy the components delivered with the SPP.
- What determines when an SPP is released?
SPP releases are driven by major ProLiant server releases, which occur several times a year. Although driven by the server releases, an SPP may not be released with every ProLiant server release. An SPP may also be released outside of a server release, so exceptions occur to the SPP’s delivery cycle alignment with major ProLiant server releases.
Last revised: Wednesday, April 20, 2022