Drives are failed
- Be sure no loose connections exist. For more information, see "Resolving loose connections."
- Check to see if an update is available for any of the following:
- Smart Array Controller firmware
- Dynamic Smart Array driver
- Host bus adapter firmware
- Expander backplane SEP firmware
- System ROM
- Be sure the drive or backplane is cabled properly.
- Be sure the drive data cable is working by replacing it with a known functional cable.
- Be sure drive blanks are installed properly when the server is operating. Drives may overheat and cause sluggish response or drive failure.
- Run HPE Insight Diagnostics. Then, replace failed components as indicated.
- Run HPE SSA and check the status of the failed drive. For more information, see "HPE Smart Storage Administrator."
- Be sure the replacement drives within an array are the same size or larger.
- Be sure the replacement drives within an array are the same drive type, such as SAS, SATA, or SSD.
- Power cycle the server. If the drive shows up, check to see if the drive firmware needs to be updated.